All school buses cancelled in the region
It's been more slushy than snowy, but 10 to 20 cm still expected in Otawa
The threat of a messy winter storm is cancelling school buses in both languages in and around Ottawa.
Only a few centimetres of snow has fallen so far on Ottawa, with weather alerts still covering the entire region warning it should still be a snowy day.
Buses have been cancelled:
- For all English schools in the City of Ottawa.
- For all English schools in Renfrew County.
- For the Upper Canada School Board and Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario
- For all English schools in the Kingston and Belleville areas.
- For French schools in eastern Ontario.
Schools remain open.
In western Quebec, students with the Western Quebec School Board, the Commission Scolaire des Portages-de-l'Outaouais, the Commission scolaire au Cœur-des-Vallées, the Commission scolaire des Hauts-Bois-de-l'Outaouais and the Commission scolaire des Draveurs will all have the day off, as the boards have cancelled all classes.