A handy compendium of all our commuting stories
Interactive map below contains everything we've published to date
Can't see the interactive map above with all our Nowhere Fast stories? Click here to check it out.
CBC Ottawa's Nowhere Fast series explores how people in the region get to work — and why they choose to commute the way they do.
Our coverage includes a behind-the-scenes look at Ottawa's traffic control centre, analysis by CBC Ottawa traffic reporter Doug Hempstead of the worst spots for traffic tie-ups, and items from our archives that show how far commuting in the city has come.
The interactive map above contains all the stories we've published, but if you prefer, here's an itemized list broken down by publish date:
- March 4: Feeling the pinch of Ottawa's precarious commute
- March 4: And the winner is... this couple has the worst commute in Ottawa
- March 4: Yes, your morning commute is getting longer
- March 5: Traffic reporter Doug Hempstead's top 4 worst intersections
- March 5: Your picks for Ottawa's worst intersections
- March 5: Inside Ottawa's traffic nerve centre
- March 6: Your commute, by the numbers
- March 6: Commuting by wheelchair in Ottawa
- March 6: 6 commuters share their stories
- March 7: Why we're wired to get angry behind the wheel
- March 7: 5 tips for hacking your commute
- March 8: Artists imagine commutes of the future in Ottawa
- March 8: A look back at Ottawa's commuting history
- March 8: Meet 'Team 263,' the Stittsville bus riders who became fast friends