Man spotted pointing gun in Barrhaven turns himself in to police
Gun still missing, police say
The suspect, a 19-year-old Ottawa man, is not co-operating with police about the location of the gun, which is still missing, said police spokesman Const. Marc Soucy.
The incident happened Jan. 17 at about 9 a.m. No one was injured.
The man is facing charges of:
- Using/handling/storing a firearm carelessly.
- Pointing a firearm.
- Possessing a weapon dangerous to public peace.
- Possessing a restricted or prohibited firearm without a license and registration.
- Possessing a restricted or prohibited firearm while knowingly without a license and registration.
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime.
He was scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.