FIFA Women's World Cup brings 2 of 3 best women's teams to Ottawa
Top-ranked Germany, No. 3 France each play round-robin games in nation's capital
Ottawa will host two of the top three teams in the world during the round robin of the FIFA Women's World Cup being held at Lansdowne Park.
The second day of action happens on June 11 when Germany battles Norway and Thailand takes on Côte d'Ivoire.
That group of teams will leave the capital and four new teams will arrive for matches on June 17. Third-ranked France will face 25th ranked Mexico, while 18th ranked Korea Republic takes on 14th ranked Spain.
Schedule of Ottawa games @ Lansdowne Park
- Norway defeats Thailand 4-0.
- 4 p.m. Germany defeats Côte d'Ivoire 10-0.
- 4 p.m. Germany and Norway tie 1-1.
- 7 p.m. Thailand defeats Côte d'Ivoire 3-2.
- 4 p.m. France vs. Mexico.
- 7 p.m. Korea vs. Spain.
June 20 & 22
- Round of 16 matches, Time TBD.
- Quarter-final match, Time TBD.
You can also follow each of the teams playing in Ottawa on social media, as they experience the nation's capital.
- Germany: @DFB_Frauen.
- Côte d'Ivoire: @FIFCI_Tweets.
- Thailand: @FAThailand.
- Norway: @NFF_info.
- France: @FFF, @EquipedeFrance.
- Mexico: @FeMexFutOficial, @MiSeleccionMX.
- Korea Republic: @theKFA.
- Spain: @RFEF, @SeFutbol.
Please come back to this page as we will cover the tournament throughout June on CBC TV, CBC Radio and online.