CHEO launches website, app for patients to access health records
CHEO MyChart allows patients to get at secure records dating to October 2013
Families of patients at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario can now access their electronic health records on computers and mobile phones, the hospital announced Monday.
The "CHEO MyChart" website and app allows patients to access secure parts of their medical record, including:
- laboratory and medical imaging results;
- a list of patient's health issues, identified in consultation with CHEO physicians;
- a list of allergies and current medications;
- upcoming and previous appointments, along with summaries of the visits; and
- growth chart information.
The health information available on CHEO MyChart dates to October 2013 — when the hospital began implementing electronic records — and uses an encrypted connection to protect users' privacy, said officials.
The app is available to both iPhone and Android users.