Most of Nova Scotia is closed on account of weather. So what's open?
Most locations assessing closure hour by hour
A nor'easter has forced closure of most — but not all — businesses and services in Nova Scotia on Monday.
The storm is expected to dump lots of snow and blow strong winds across the province. In anticipation, most Nova Scotians are hunkering down as police warn roads are not safe to travel.
But some still had to go to work Monday. Most locations have indicated they're assessing closure hour by hour. As for coffee shops, restaurants and gas stations, it's best to call ahead.
Some Superstores open
Here's a list of some local services defying the weather.
- Atlantic Superstores: Barrington Street in Halifax, Bedford, Lower Sackville, Quinpool Road in Halifax.
- Gateway Meat Market expected to remain open until around 2 p.m.
- Mount Pleasant Nursery School, Truro.
- NovelTea Bookstore Cafe,Truro.
- Cempoal Calavera Negra, Halifax.
- Cortado Tasting Room, Bedford.
- Walmart in Halifax and Bedford.
- Hayes Antiques, Halifax.
- MEC, Halifax
- Wilson's Home Hardware (until 1 p.m), Barrington Passage