Sykes faces more than 90 charges in 8 robberies
Picked up on warrant early Saturday
The man accused of robbing the Running Room in the Sunnyside Mall in Bedford is now facing more than 90 charges in relation to eight robberies in total, police say.
Kenneth Curry Sykes, 39, has been charged with seven more robberies, Halifax police Cpl. Jeff Carr said in a release Saturday.
A firearm was allegedly used in each incident, Carr said.
Sykes is scheduled to be arraigned in Halifax provincial court Monday on more than 90 charges, all stemming from the alleged robberies.
Most of the additional charges relate to firearms used in the commission of the offences and breaches of court orders, Carr said.
The robberies occurred at:
- Jungle Pets, 50 Tacoma Drive, Dartmouth, Nov. 14, 2011.
- Pets Unlimited, 202 Brownlow Ave, Dartmouth, Nov. 17, 2011
- Alia N Tanjay, 90 Hector Gate, Dartmouth, Nov. 19, 2011.
- Ultramar, 219 Pleasant Street, Dartmouth, Nov., 19, 2011.
- Bouclair Home, 194 Chain Lake Drive, Halifax, Nov. 23, 2011.
- NSLC, 6990 Mumford Road, Halifax, Nov. 23, 2011.
- Running Room, Sunnyside Mall, Bedford, Jan. 26, 2012
- TD Bank, 6239 Quinpool Road, Halifax, Feb. 16, 2012.
Sykes was arrested at a residence in the Fairview area at approximately 1 a.m. Saturday after a Canada-wide arrest warrant was issued for him on Friday.
The arrest occurred without incident and Sykes was interviewed by officers throughout the night.