Shannon Park redevelopment: by the numbers
Let's take a look at the facts and figures behind the giant rebuilding project at Shannon Park.
The multi-million dollar project covers acres of land and will take years to complete
Let's take a look at the facts and figures behind the giant rebuilding project at Shannon Park, N.S.
- $4 million: Amount the Canada Lands Company paid for the property in 2014.
- $19 million: Assessed value of the land.
- 13: Number of years the property has sat vacant.
- One: Number of years it's expected to take to demolish the apartment buildings on the property. It's estimated the demolition will cost tens of millions of dollars.
- 40: Approximate number of buildings on the site today.
- 33: Hectares of land. That's the Canada Lands share of Shannon Park. It's about half the size of Point Pleasant Park.
- Four: Hectares of land that will be developed by Millbrook First Nation.
- 2019: The year the first parcel of land is expected to be sold.
We welcome your comments below, on Twitter, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.