Storm cancellations continue for a second day in a row
Five school boards have cancelled classes today
Slippery road conditions for a second day in a row have forced cancellations in parts of Nova Scotia.
The following schools are cancelled today:
- Annapolis Valley Regional School Board
- Tri-County Regional School Board
- Chignecto-Central Regional School Board
- Strait Regional School Board (Exams cancelled Tuesday will now be written on Friday. Thursday is still an In-service day for staff)
- Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board
- CSAP schools in Clare and Argyle
- CSAP schools in the northeast region
- CSAP Schools in the southwest region
- École Rose-des-Vents
- École acadienne de Truro
- NSCC Cumberland Campus including the Amherst Learning Centre
Landmark East Schools in Wolfville will have a delayed start this morning of 10:15. School buses are not running this morning.
Here is a list of other closures:
- CFB Greenwood is asking only essential personnel to report to work until noon.
- Strait Area Transit is not operating today.
- Bookmobile services in the Annapolis Valley are cancelled today.
There were more than a dozen flights delayed or cancelled at Halifax Stanfield International Airport Wednesday morning.
Marine Atlantic has cancelled its crossings for Wednesday and has rescheduled them for Thursday.
There were about 800 Nova Scotia Power customers affected by outages as of 11:05 a.m., mainly in the Manor Park area of Dartmouth and around Cape Breton's Boularderie Island. That's down from about 6,400 early Wednesday morning.