Man faces 20 weapons charges after search
Halifax Regional Police say a 911 call for help led them to a home with several weapons inside.
The incident happened just before 11:30 p.m. Tuesday night.
Police said a woman visiting a home on Catamaran Road made the phone call. She told them a man in the house assaulted her and pointed a gun at her.
When police arrived, they said a 39-year-old man tried to run out the back door but he was arrested.
Officers then searched the home and found a handgun, six long guns and a compound bow.
The man is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court Wednesday to face a charge of assault, and 20 weapons charges including:
- Assault with a weapon
- Use of a firearm in the commission of an offence
- Careless use of a firearm
- Seven counts of unsafe storage
- Pointing a firearm
- Posession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Seven counts of possession of a firearm without license
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with readily available ammunition