Nova Scotia

Loved ones fear for missing N.S. woman

The family and friends of a missing Liverpool woman are losing hope she'll be found alive.


  • 5 foot 10 tall
  • 160 lbs
  • Brown hair
  • Brown eyes
  • Heart tattoos on arms
Laura Lee Robertson has been missing since Thursday. ((Submitted))
The family and friends of a missing Liverpool woman are losing hope she'll be found alive.

RCMP in Queens County have brought in extra help to solve the disappearance of Laura Lee Robertson, something Robertson's daughter, Amanda Jones, believes should have been done sooner.

Robertson, 47, was reported missing by a friend Thursday night. There has been no sign of her.

"Her disappearance is suspicious," RCMP Staff Sgt. Jeff Wells said Tuesday. "It's been five days."

Jones told the CBC's Phonse Jessome that her mother's disappearance has been a horrible experience.

"It has absolutely been the most gut-wrenching thing I have ever, ever in this lifetime had to live through. I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I don't count days; I don't even count hours anymore. I couldn't tell you the number of days that it's been because days are definitely too long," said Jones.

Amanda Jones, Robertson's daughter, does not believe she will see her mother alive again. ((CBC))
"I guess there's no words to explain the empty feeling you have when you don't know where somebody is."

Investigators with several RCMP major crime units are assisting, though Wells stresses that there is no evidence of foul play.

"We have nothing to suggest that at this time, but obviously it's an option we would have to look at," he said.

Didn't show up for work

Robertson never showed up for her shift at a local fish plant on Thursday. RCMP said she was last seen by a friend at about 4 p.m. and was reported missing at 11 p.m.

Jones said her mother would never go this long without calling or checking in with her and her grandchildren.

She said when they checked her mother's apartment, they found all of her belongings still there, including her purse, wallet, house keys and work clothes.

Jones and Lori Oickle, a family friend, said Robertson argued with her fiancé at their apartment the night before she vanished.

"Wednesday evening I spoke to her on the phone. There was a disagreement going on then, but it seemed like it was handled," said Oickle. "I had no reason to believe that there was anything wrong after that."

Fiance Jamie Leopold says he last saw Robertson on Thursday morning. ((Submitted))
Jamie Leopold told CBC News there was a spat Wednesday night, but he said they both went to bed later as usual.

He said he last saw Robertson on Thursday morning when she got up to go to work. Later that day he went to his grandparents' home in Queens County.

Leopold said he's worried sick and has no idea where Robertson went or why she would leave her purse and keys behind.

When Leopold was asked if he thought Robertson was met with foul play, he said, "I hope not. But it's a possibility."

Checking with businesses

RCMP said they have checked with local businesses, bus terminals, cab companies, friends, neighbours and co-workers, but haven't found any sign of Robertson.

"We've covered all those bases," Wells said.

Investigators have searched the riverside by boat. Wells said RCMP have not launched a ground search because they don't know where to start.

Jones urges anyone with information to come forward, even if it seems insignificant.

"It still helps us build a timeline," she said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact RCMP at 1-800-272-9569.