Electrocution victim remembered by fire chief
Chris Boyle, 39, was deputy chief at Harrietsfield-Sambro Fire Station
The 39-year-old man who was electrocuted in a Halifax industrial accident is being remembered as a dedicated family man and loyal firefighter.
Chris Boyle was killed while working on an electrical panel in the Bayers Lake Business Park Tuesday afternoon.
The Williamswood man was the father of two young children.
He was also a fixture at the Harrietsfield-Sambro Fire Station for more than 20 years. Boyle was the deputy chief. He first joined the team at Station 62 when he was just 16.
"I can’t put it into words," said Fire Chief David Raymer. "It’s almost a numb feeling."
Raymer said over the years, Boyle has responded to more than 1,300 emergency calls. Raymer said he dedicated his life to saving others, and always put safety first.
"That’s all he ever thought about, was safety of the firefighters, and I’m sure watching him work because I have seen him work in electrical, he was very methodical, most attentive to what he was doing."
Raymer said the station has been somber since Boyle’s death.
"His father, his brother are part of this department. The Boyles to Harrietsfield-Sambro are well-known for their service in the community."
Raymer said the department will give Boyle full honours at his burial service.
Meanwhile, a stop-work order has been lifted at the job site. The investigation into Boyle’s death by the Department of Labour is continuing.