Electrical fire claims Parrsboro pancake house
The owners of Davison’s Maple Syrup and Pancake House in Parrsboro, N.S., are picking up the pieces after an electrical fire gutted their restaurant Saturday night.
The entire restaurant and its maple production equipment was destroyed.
Owner Bill Davison said it started in the kitchen and spread.
"I'm just glad nobody was hurt. We have a blueberry production facility within 20 feet of this building and I'm glad the firefighters were able to contain it to this one building because that would have been our livelihood destroyed. The maple business is about 25 per cent of our business, but the blueberries are about 75 per cent," he said.
Davison estimates the fire caused $100,000 in damages.
He said the business was insured, but doesn't know if he will rebuild.