DHX Media reports record revenues in 3rd quarter of 2015
CEO says company saw double and triple-digit growth
Halifax-based DHX Media has had record quarterly revenues in 2015, according to its website.
Dana Landry, DHX Media CEO, said in its third quarter, the company continued to see double and triple-digit growth.
"Distribution posted its strongest quarter to date, driven by further global growth in the video-on-demand market," Landry wrote in a statement on the company's website. "Proprietary production also reported strong revenues, delivering 60 half-hours to our library."
DHX Media Ltd. produces content —live action and animated — for families and children. They are known for such productions as Yo Gabba Gabba!, Teletubbies, Inspector Gadget, and the Degrassi franchise.
According to the release, these are some of the highlights from the company's Q3 2015 results compared to Q3 2014:
- Revenues up 195% to $85 million, from $29 million.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes up 216%
- Net income up 902% to $18.03 million, from $1.8 million
- Adjusted basic earnings per share: $0.15, up from to $0.02
- Gross Margin up 156% to $44.79 million, from $17.48 million for Q3 2014.
The company's gross margin margin for Q3 2015 was $44.79 million, an increase of $27.31 million (or 156 per cent) from Q3 2014.