Nova Scotia

Dartmouth pizza shop fire causes extensive damage

A fire at a pizza shop in Dartmouth Saturday morning caused extensive damage.

No one hurt in fire at Panada Pizza in Dartmouth, N.S.

Panada won't re-open anytime time soon. Other nearby businesses will need air quality tests but the fire did not spread, said the acting fire platoon chief. (Google Maps)

A fire at a pizza shop in Dartmouth Saturday morning caused extensive damage.

Fire crews responded to Panada Pizza on Primrose Street just before 5 a.m.

Steve Auton, acting platoon chief for Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency, said the fire started in the kitchen.

The building is part of a strip mall.

Auton said Panada won't re-open anytime time soon. Other nearby businesses will need air quality tests but the fire did not spread.

There were no injuries.

now