CONTEST CLOSED: Fall photos from Celtic Colours contest
Thanks for your entries! Here are a few we received from around the region
Congratulations to the Celtic Colours Ultimate Experience prize winner, Verna MacMillan of East Lake Ainslie, Cape Breton, N.S.. The runner up prize goes to Kenneth Morrison of Sydney River, N.S.
Here are a few of the many submissions we received from around the region for this contest:
CONTEST NOW CLOSED
It's that time of year again when the leaves change to all those vibrant colours the East Coast is famous for. So in fabulous fall fashion, we are celebrating the season by holding a photo contest! Show your view of Autumn on the Atlantic from wherever you are and you could find yourself on a musical adventure at Celtic Colours in Cape Breton!
Win the ultimate Celtic Colours Festival Experience!
The Celtic Colours prize package includes accommodations in Baddeck, Cape Breton, concert tickets, a restaurant gift card, and so much more! The full contest prize details can be found below. And, we've got a CBC swag bag for the runner-up, featuring a CBC backpack, one pair of CBC Listen earbuds and one CBC Music toque. Second place never looked so good!
To enter, submit your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also submit your photo through Instagram by using the hashtag #CBCAutumn. Your photo should reflect the theme, Autumn on the Atlantic.
The Ultimate Celtic Colours Festival prize package includes:
- Accommodations: Room at the Ceilidh Country Lodge (Part of Inverary Resort) in Baddeck, N.S. Arrival date is Friday, October 11, and departure date is Monday, October 14 for a total of 3 room nights.
- Festival Concerts: two tickets to each of the following concerts:
- The Chieftains and Friends at Centre 200, Sydney on Friday, October 11, 7:30 p.m.
- Pjila'si: A Wagmatcook Welcome at the Wagmatcook Culture and Heritage Centre on Saturday, October 12, 7:30 p.m.
- The Cape Breton Fiddlers at the Whycocomagh Education Centre on Sunday, October 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- Passes for the Festival Club at the Gaelic College (3 nights)
- Big Spruce Brewing Experience: a tour of Big Spruce along with Big Spruce merchandise
- $50 Gift Certificate @ Inverary Resort - Lakeside Landing restaurant
- Celtic Colours festival assorted merchandise
- $200 gas card
That's a total package value of approximately $1500! Note, the prize package does not include airfare or other transportation.
The contest is open from 12 a.m. ADT on Tuesday, September 24 until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, October 3, 2019. This contest is open to Canadian residents aged 19 years and older.
About Celtic Colours: For nine days in October, Cape Breton Island is alive with music, energy and excitement as people come from far and wide to celebrate Cape Breton's rich culture. From concerts to dances and workshops to community suppers, there is a full range of events against a gorgeous backdrop of autumn colours.