Nova Scotia

Bus catches fire

A faulty defrost system started shooting smoke and flames into a metro transit bus this morning at Penhorn Mall in Dartmouth.

A faulty defrost system started shooting smoke and flames into a Metro Transit bus this morning at Penhorn Mall in Dartmouth.

Four passengers were on the No. 56 bus at the time.

Firefighters arrived quickly to put out the fire, and no one was hurt.

A replacement bus will take over the 56 route.

The damaged bus will be towed to the bus depot for service.