New president appointed for Qulliq Energy Corporation
Government of Nunavut also shuffles senior bureaucrats
The Government of Nunavut has appointed a permanent head of the Qulliq Energy Corporation, a year after the previous president left the job.
In a news release, the premier said Bruno Pereira will take over as president of QEC effective July 5.
Pereira is a professional engineer with an MBA and has more than 25 years of experience in Ontario's energy sector.
Two people have served in the position as acting presidents during the past year.
The government also announced a shuffle of a number of other senior bureaucrats effective July 29:
- Chris D'Arcy, Deputy Minister of Finance, becomes the Deputy Minister of Executive and Intergovernmental Affairs, Cabinet Secretary and Secretary to Senior Personnel Secretariat.
- David Akeeagok, Deputy Minister of Executive and Intergovernmental Affairs, Cabinet Secretary and Secretary to Senior Personnel Secretariat returns to the role of Deputy Minister of Environment.
- Simon Awa, Acting Deputy Minister of Environment returns as full-time Chief Negotiator, Devolution.
- Jeffery Chown, Nunavut's Comptroller General, is now appointed Deputy Minister of Finance and Secretary to the Financial Management Board.
- Alma Power, the Assistant Comptroller General, becomes Acting Comptroller General.