2 sentenced to 5 years for role in 'sophisticated' Yellowknife drug ring

Brittany Dube worked for Jerrie's Delivery Service, which police say was a front for drug delivery. It operated using a 'dial-a-dope' phone hotline that averaged two ounces in crack cocaine sales a day.

Network used Jerrie's Delivery and 'dial-a-dope' hotline to traffic cocaine, fentanyl and marijuana

Two low level members of a former "sophisticated" drug network in Yellowknife have been sentenced to five years in prison.

Brittany Dube, 24, and Eddy Radeka, 54, were charged with conspiracy to commit trafficking and possession for the purpose of trafficking of cocaine, fentanyl and marijuana. Both were part of a drug network that smuggled more than 1,000 fentanyl pills and several kilograms of crack cocaine, cocaine and marijuana into the N.W.T.

Dube and Radeka pleaded guilty and were sentenced to five years in prison on Tuesday.

Both wept as they addressed the court.

"I apologize for bringing up those horrible drugs," said Radeka, who maintained he did not know he was helping to traffic fentanyl.

The pair were arrested in April 2016 as part of the RCMP's lengthy drug investigation "Operation Green Manalishi," which culminated in one of the largest seizures of illicit drugs, guns, cash, and merchandise in the territory in a decade. In all, 28 people were charged.

Dube was arrested when RCMP executed a search warrant on her home. Radeka was arrested when police stopped and searched his vehicle near Fort Providence.

The 'Todd Dube Drug Network'

The police operation began in November 2015 and sought to take down what Crown prosecutor Annie Piché​, in court Tuesday, called the "Todd Dube Drug Network," a "sophisticated" network allegedly led by Todd Dube, Brittany Dube's younger brother.

Police described the operation as an extremely busy 24-hour drug trafficking operation, which used an extensive network of taxi cabs, street level drug traffickers, and stash locations.

Brittany Dube worked for Jerrie's Delivery Service which police say was a front for drug sales. It operated using a "dial-a-dope" phone hotline that averaged two ounces in crack cocaine sales a day.

Police monitored Todd Dube and his associates' telephone conversations and messages for nearly two months before executing half a dozen search warrants in April 2016.

Addicts feeding their addiction

In his submissions, defence lawyer David Baker told the N.W.T. Supreme Court that Brittany Dube, originally from Welland, Ont., is an addict who got involved in drug trafficking to help pay for her oxycodone addiction.

He said she became an addict while attending Brock University. She attended a three-month treatment program, and afterwards moved to Yellowknife for a fresh start — but began using again.

Baker told the court that Brittany Dube simply did what her brother told her. Baker said Radeka has a similar history.

The father of five is originally from British Columbia and became addicted to cocaine in his 40s.

His addiction then progressed to daily crack cocaine use; his marriage fell apart; and he began living in his vehicle in Vancouver.

That's where, Baker said, he was recruited as drug runner by the N.W.T. drug network.

He was paid roughly $2,000 every time he would drive drugs to the N.W.T. from Alberta and Vancouver until he was finally stopped in April.

Both Radeka and Brittany Dube say they are now clean and ready to take responsibility for their actions. With credit for time served, they will spend the next three-and-a-half years in prison.


  • This story previously stated that police monitored Todd Dube and his associates' telephone conversations and messages for over a year. In fact, police investigated Dube and his associates for over a year, but only monitored their telephone conversations and messages from February to April 2016.
    Apr 26, 2017 4:49 PM CT