CBC North Asks: Are you ready for legal marijuana?
CBC Yukon's Dave White hosted a live panel discussion on Thursday
In a few short months, cannabis will become legal in Yukon and across Canada. Are you ready for what that might mean for you and your family? How will it change your social life? What are the public health implications? How will police enforce these new laws? What are the business opportunities?
To answer some of these questions, CBC North hosted an online town hall discussion on Thursday afternoon.
Airplay host Dave White was joined by several panelists, each with a different perspective or area of expertise:
- Dr. Brendan Hanley, Yukon's chief medical officer of health
- Matt King, president of the Yukon Liquor Corporation, which will oversee sales and distribution of cannabis
- Patricia Randell, director of cannabis implementation and education for the Yukon government
- Lesley McCullough, with Yukon's Department of Justice
- (on the phone) Jordi and Jeremy Jones, owners of Triple J's, a Whitehorse store that sells marijuana paraphernalia