Nfld. & Labrador

RNC warns public of alleged sexual assaults in C.B.S. area

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is investigating three instances of sexual assault that allegedly took place last week in Conception Bay South.

Police say all 3 women have special needs

Police are warning the public, especially women in the Foxtrap and Holyrood communities, to be alert and report any suspicious activity.

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is investigating three instances of sexual assault that allegedly took place last week in Conception Bay South.

According to police, three women between the ages of 42 and 63 with special needs reported being assaulted by a man in the Foxtrap Access Road area of C.B.S. between Monday and Thursday. 

All three women reported being approached by a white man with dark hair and a slim build who was driving a grey four-door car. The man is said to between 40 and 60 years old. 

Police are warning the public — especially those in the Foxtrap and Holyrood communities — to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity.

While the reported assaults involved women with special needs, RNC said all women in the area should be alert.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the RNC or Crime Stoppers. 

now