House fire in Torbay spreads from fireplace
A home in Torbay was damaged by fire Monday morning.
The residents had set a fire Sunday night in an older brick fireplace but the fire spread into the walls overnight, according to Torbay volunteer fire department chief Mike McGrath,
The fire department got the call at 5:40 a.m.
McGrath said the family of three were awakened by their smoke detector, and were outside when crews arrived.
There were no injuries reported, but firefighters had to cut into the living room wall in order to put the fire out.