Nfld. & Labrador

Fire damaged St. John's residence

An electrical problem is believed to have caused a house fire in St. John's early Thursday morning, according to police.

Police believe it was sparked by an electrical problem

 Police say it looks like an electrical problem caused a house fire in St. John's early Thursday morning.

The fire on Hunt Place, on the edge of Pippy Park, was reported at about 3 a.m.

No one was injured. There was moderate damage to the upstairs apartment in the two-apartment house.

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary said the fire’s cause is not suspicious.

now