NLC, Canada Post, RNC team up for latest contraband cannabis bust
Mass quantity of cannabis products and $25,000 in cash seized
The Newfoundland and Labrador Liquor Corporation's drug unit got a little help from Canada Post and the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary, resulting in the arrest Tuesday of two men.
The three units searched a business in St. John's, seizing a number of cannabis and cannabis-related products, plus a large quantity of cash.
The items seized in the bust included:
- 5.6 kilograms of dried flower.
- 3.2 kilograms of concentrates.
- 22 vape pens.
- 179 one-gram packages of shatter.
- 255 one-gram concentrated oil syringes.
- 40 30-millilitre bottles of cannabidiol oil.
- 105 grams of cannabis edibles.
- 16, 30-millilitre bottles of THC tincture.
- 15 cannabis seeds.
- 755 grams of cannabis topicals.
- $24,974.15 in cash.
"To further its mandate of providing a safe and secure supply of non-medical cannabis, NLC will continue to work with its partners in law enforcement to disrupt the illicit market," the NLC said in a news release on Thursday.
The two men arrested were released, pending an ongoing investigation, the NLC said.