Baie Verte fire hall blaze accident
The possibility that a nasty fire in Baie Verte, N.L, earlier this month was intentionally set has been ruled out, according to investigators.
The RCMP said Friday that fire investigators, including an electrician, have concluded that the spectacular Feb. 3 blaze was caused by an electrical malfunction.
The fire burned out of control for two hours, consuming the local fire hall and the vehicles and equipment inside. The damage was in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and left the community of about 1,200 dependent on nearby towns and equipment for fire protection.
The fire was initially thought to be suspicious because of an earlier fire in late November, which destroyed the building firefighters use for training.
The town has said fire insurance was carried on the building and property.