#OurAthletes: Karate competitor Kate Campbell ready for Pan Am Games
Even someone with a black belt can be scared of giving blood
Fredericton's Kate Campbell is headed to Toronto today, where she will compete in karate at the Pan Am Games.
The karate black belt is a medal hopeful and packs a powerful chop,but she says blood tests and haunted houses still give her the jitters.
Campbell is one of CBC's #OurAthletes, and we will be following her throughout her Pan Am journey. Here are 10 things you might not have known about Kate Campbell
1. What three books would you bring with you if you were going to be stuck on a deserted island?
Unfortunately, I am not big on reading books therefore I would likely bring my favourite magazine instead, Cosmopolitan.
2. What is something that scares you?
Sharks, although they are super cool. Also walking into a dark house/room alone, knee injuries, blood tests (on me personally), scary movies and haunted houses.
3. If you could have any super power what would it be?
Flying and/or becoming invisible.
4. What is your favourite TV show?
Currently Orange is the New Black, although my favourite of all time is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
5. What kind of music do you listen to while working out or training?
Either techno, hip/hop or rap.
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Cuba, my dream vacation destination.
7. Your major talent would be your karate skills, do you have any lesser-known talents?
Not sure, but a hobby of mine includes interior decorating.
8. What animal do you feel you can relate the most to?
Cats. They love lazing around the house, love eating; love playing around; etc.
9. If you could have a conversation with anyone from history, who would you want to talk to?
Either Marilyn Monroe or Anne Frank.
10. What was the best present you ever received?
Hard to say, I have had many awesome gifts. I love being surprised and it's often the little things that mean the most.