New Brunswick

Moncton man faces new charges in global sexual exploitation case

A 25-year-old Moncton man suspected of sexually exploiting more than 2,000 boys around the world by posing online as a teenaged girl is expected to face several new charges on Thursday.

25-year-old suspected of victimizing more than 2,000 boys by posing online as teen girl

A 25-year-old Moncton man suspected of sexually exploiting more than 2,000 boys around the world by posing online as a teenaged girl is expected to face several new charges on Thursday.

RCMP allege the man convinced young boys to send images and videos of a sexual nature of themselves, which he distributed online. (CBC)
The man, who cannot be named due to a publication ban, previously pleaded guilty to producing child pornography, sexual assault and making child pornography available.

A sentencing hearing on those charges was scheduled to be held on Dec. 10, but was adjourned pending additional charges.

He is scheduled to appear in Moncton provincial court at 9:30 a.m., Sgt. Jean Marc Paré, of the New Brunswick RCMP's Internet Child Exploitation Unit, said in a statement.

Police allege the man, posing online as a teenage girl, lured boys as young as 10 years old into removing their clothing and initiating a sexual act, which he then recorded and distributed online.

Investigators have identified victims from Canada, the United States, England, Ireland and Scotland, the Netherlands, Australia, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Norway, Germany, France and Latvia, Paré said.

They say some victims may not even be aware they have been victimized.