Bouctouche fire crews have blaze 'contained'
No evacuations, 10,000 were without power
Firefighters in Bouctouche have now contained a forest fire near the town.
The New Brunswick government's website listed the fire as out of control earlier on Monday, but firefighters now say they have it under control.
"The latest is that we've got it contained," said Guy Richard, assistant chief with Saint-Antoine's fire department.
Richard said the call first came in at 3:39 p.m. and the contained fire area is about 6.5 hectares, located along Chemin St Joseph.
While no homes have been evacuated, RCMP told Radio-Canada residents nearby were told to be prepared.
Just after 9 p.m., NB Power's web site said that power had been restored to all customers in Kent Country, down from over 10,000 around 6 p.m.
Four fire departments from the area were involved at the height of the fire.
Feu majeur fait rage à Bouctouche - 4 services incendie sur place <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/icinb?src=hash">#icinb</a> <a href="https://t.co/PqHmpTFHrP">pic.twitter.com/PqHmpTFHrP</a>—@p_abolduc