Weekend traffic nightmares coming up in Montreal
Strap in for a full list of road closures
It's going to be another weekend of traffic nightmares for Montrealers, so strap in for a full list of road closures.
"If you're going downtown, take Décarie," said CBC traffic reporter Jeremy Zafran.
The Transport Ministry recommends that commuters plan ahead and take public transit, if possible.
- The Ville-Marie Expressway (after the Atwater exit) and Highway 20 westbound will be closed from Friday night at 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday. Other closures are also in effect during that same time, including the Norman Street entrance and exit.
- The ramp from Highway 15 north to Highway 20 westbound will be closed.
- The ramp from Highway 15 south to Highway 20 westbound will be closed.
- The Ville-Marie Expressway will be closed going east in the Turcot Interchange.
- The ramp from Highway 20 east to Highway 15 north will also be closed.
- The Bonaventure Expressway will be closed toward downtown at the Pierre Dupuy Avenue exit from Friday at 10 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m.
- Going east, the Bonaventure will be closed between Highway 15 north and Nuns' Island at the same time.
- The exit at Nuns' Island from Highway 10 eastbound will also be closed.
New Champlain Bridge
- Route 132 east will be closed going east between the exit at Highway 15 north and the next entrance, from Saturday at 5 a.m. to Monday at 5 a.m.
- Going west, Route 132 will be closed between the exit at Highway 15 north and the next entrance from the same time.
- The service road next to the highway, Marie-Victorin Boulevard, will remain open to traffic.
Jacques Cartier Bridge
- The Jacques Cartier Bridge will be closed in both directions for the Grand défi Pierre Lavoie on Sunday between 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Temporary works are expected, and Mobilité Montréal suggested drivers check out the bridge corporation's website.
- The Route 138 approach going into Montreal will be closed from Friday at 9 p.m. until Saturday at 9 a.m. Motorists will be detoured to Route 132 in order to cross the bridge.
- Closed toward the South Shore from Friday at 7 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m.
- Highway 40 eastbound will be closed between the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport and the next entrance from Friday night to Monday at 5 a.m.
- The ramp from Highway 13 southbound to Highway 40 east will be closed at the same time.