SQDC opening new locations in Gaspésie, Laurentians, Beauce
Quebec's cannabis retailer says it signed leases for 7 new shops
Quebec's retail cannabis shops are expanding into new regions of the province, with locations on the horizon in Gaspésie, the Laurentians and the Beauce.
The Société québécoise du cannabis (SQDC) says it has signed seven new leases for new locations in Quebec City, Saint-Jérôme, Saint-Georges, Mont-Tremblant, Rivière-du-Loup, Shawinigan and Grande-Rivière.
The exact locations will be at:
- 3930 Wilfrid-Hamel Boulevard in Quebec City;
- 102 Valmont Street in Saint-Jérôme;
- 10730 Lacroix Boulevard in Saint-Georges;
- 1221 St-Jovite Road in Mont-Tremblant;
- 450 Lafontaine Street in Rivière-du-Loup;
- 2070 105th Avenue in Shawinigan;
- 33 Grande-Allée Street East in Grande-Rivière.
There are currently 16 locations across the province, mainly in commercial centres no further east than Rimouski.
The organization has also announced it will open five more shops in Montreal, Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, Chicoutimi, Sherbrooke and Châteauguay.
Those locations will be at:
- 1272 Principale Street in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts;
- 5240 Queen Mary Road in Montreal;
- 317 Montcalm Street in Chicoutimi;
- 1681 King Street West in Sherbrooke;
- 90 Saint-Jean-Baptiste Boulevard, unit 103 in Châteauguay.
In Quebec, dried cannabis, oils, capsules and sprays can be purchased legally from the government-run retailer.