Avoid these Montreal traffic trouble spots this weekend
Avoid Turcot, Champlain Bridge and Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine bridge-tunnel areas if you can
Montreal drivers have a long list of traffic trouble spots to avoid this weekend.
If you're taking out the car, be advised that you'll face delays — especially around the Turcot Interchange, new Champlain Bridge and Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel-bridge.
Transports Québec advises planning alternate routes and using public transit.
Here are the road closures to be aware of.
- Highway 15 northbound is closed between exit 58 (Highway 10 / Downtown Montreal) and the Édouard-Montpetit Boulevard entrance from midnight Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. The Sherbrooke St. W. entrance is also closed until 5 a.m. Sunday.
- Northbound Highway 15 is also closed at the Turcot Interchange from midnight Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- The ramp from eastbound Highway 20 to northbound Highway 15 is closed from midnight Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- The ramp from westbound Highway 720 to northbound Highway 15 is closed Saturday from 3:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Eastbound Highway 20 to Highway 720 is closed from Friday at midnight to Monday at 5 a.m.
- Southbound Highway 15 to westbound Highway 20 is closed Saturday from 3:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine bridge-tunnel
- Highway 25 is completely closed in both directions from 11 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday. Access is closed starting at 10 p.m. and will be fully reopened at 9 a.m.
- Eastbound route 132 between exit 53 and the following entrance is closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Westbound route 132 between exit 75 and the following entrance is closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- One of three lanes on eastbound Highway 20 between the Montreal West and Angrignon interchanges is closed from midnight Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- One lane of the Jacques-Cartier Bridge heading to Montreal is closed from 8:30 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Notre-Dame Street West is closed between Monk Boulevard and Côte-St-Paul Road until Oct. 8 at 5 a.m.
- Côte-Saint-Paul Road between Monk Boulevard and Notre-Dame Street West is closed until Monday at 5 a.m.
- Eastbound de La Vérendrye Boulevard is closed between Galt Street and de l'Église Avenue from midnight Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.