Montreal drivers in for a tough ride this weekend
Turcot Interchange roadwork projects, construction work means tricky drive this weekend
It's going to be a rough ride for motorists heading to and from the city this weekend.
There will be many road closures this weekend on the Turcot Interchange starting tonight:
- The Décarie southbound entrance ramp to Highway 720 East from Friday at 11:59 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday.
- The Highway 20 East ramp to the Highway 720 East toward Montreal starting Friday at 11:59 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday.
- Two of three lanes on Highway 15 North from the Atwater exit to the Turcot Interchange will be off limits. The partial closure takes effect from Friday at 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. Saturday and again on Sunday night at 11:59 a.m. until 5 a.m. Monday.
Work crews will also be working on the section of Highway 15 that passes over the Lachine Canal, which means a shutdown in the Southwest borough:
- Côte-Saint-Paul Road will be closed between Philippe-Lalonde Street and Monk Boulevard starting at 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday.
Don't forget that there are other two-year closures in effect on the Turcot Interchange until 2019 due to reconfiguration work.
Here is the full list of the long-term closures and detours.
Other weekend closures
There are other traffic headaches in the works this weekend for South Shore drivers.
They include closures on the La Fontaine Tunnel:
- The tunnel will be closed in both directions starting Friday night at 10 p.m. until Saturday morning at 10 a.m.
- Both Highway 132 East and West ramps to the tunnel will be off limits at 9 p.m. Friday and reopen at 8 a.m. Sunday.
There will also be a partial closure on the Mercier Bridge:
- One lane on the Montreal-bound side will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday until 8 a.m. Sunday.
However, the Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated, which oversees the bridge, says there may be schedule changes so it's best to check the website before heading out.
With files from CBC Montreal's Leta Polson