Comparing Montreal's Metro to NYC, London and more
Monthly Metro pass in Montreal costs $83 compared to $141.50 in Toronto, about $150 in New York City
The Montreal Metro is now 50 years old and remains one of the most used subway systems in North America. It's also one of the least expensive.
Here are a few comparisons to other subway networks and what people are saying about the Metro system.
What users think
Maya Keshav, student.
- Likes: "Lionel-Groulx, because of the orange tiles, and it's close to my house."
- Dislikes: The southwest part of the Green line because those stations don't look maintained.
- Likes: Atwater because of the mall and grocery store attached to it and her dance studio is nearby.
- Dislikes: The construction.
- Likes: The different lines make it easy to get around the city.
- Dislikes: Lack of signage.
Jessica Duneau, tourist.
- Likes: The underground city connected to the Metro.
- Dislikes: Not knowing what each Metro stop is connected to. "You push open a door, and 'Oh look, this is here.' There's no way of knowing in advance, even with our maps."