Measles cases confirmed in Quebec City
New measles cases not linked to outbreak in province's Lanaudière region
Public health officials in Quebec City have confirmed at least two people have contracted measles in the area.
Both are adults in their 20s and 30s.
At a news conference on Friday afternoon, officials said one person was exposed to the virus in India and then infected the second person.
Both had only received one dose of the vaccine. Health officials say people born after 1980 should receive two doses.
Measles can cause high fever, a rash and a runny nose.
This is the first sign of the disease in the region since 2011.
Quebec City public health said the cases are not linked to the measles outbreak experienced near Joliette, Que., this winter and spring. More than 158 people in the Lanaudière region have contracted the disease.
So far public health has confirmed that the first person to get measles was contagious between March 27 and April 4, and individuals who could have come into contact with the infected person have been notified.