Recharge with Andie Bennett
CBC Daybreak offers free activities to help you take time for yourself
It's September. The kids are back in school, and you've signed them up for hockey, dance and swimming. But what have you done for you?
CBC Montreal's morning show Daybreak wants you take take some "me time" with our "Recharge with Andie" initiative.
Join CBC Daybreak sports reporter Andie Bennett and sample a free fitness or wellness class. She'll be trying one new activity every week in various locations across Montreal from Sept. 12 to 28..
It's fun, it's free, and it's just for you.
Our first two events, yoga in the park and zumba in Elyse Monk's amazing fitness studio were huge successes. Our last "Recharge with Andie" event will be a free boot camp class in Mount Royal park, offered by Lemieux training.
Here are the details:
- Date: Tuesday, Sept. 27.
- Time: 7:10 - 8:10 p.m.
- Location: Mount Royal Park - Beaver Lake Chalet entrance off the parking lot (2000 Chemin Remembrance, Montreal). We will be a big group, so we're easy to find. The class stays in one location, so everyone can leave their belongings at the meeting point.
- Cost: Participation is completely free. We just ask that you RSVP (details below).
- Fitness level: Open to all levels - everyone will be able to participate. We recommend that if anyone has any issues (injuries, or constant aches) that they address it to the trainer at the beginning of the Boot Camp, so they can find alternatives for that camper.
- Instructor: Jonathan Lemieux, a certified fitness instructor and owner of Lemieux Fitness.
- What to bring: Running shoes, a bottle of water, a towel, a mat (if you don't like touching the grass) and a friend
For questions or to RSVP, please contact Andrea.Stanford by email.
You can also join our Facebook event.