Applebaum new executive committee chair
Mayor Gérald Tremblay announced the change Wednesday, as part of a cabinet shuffle.
The appointment elevates Applebaum to the second most powerful position at Montreal's city hall.
He is now responsible for city finances.
Applebaum remains borough mayor for Notre-Dame-de-Grâce and Côte-des-Neiges.
Montreal's new executive committee:
- Gérald Tremblay (mayor, international affairs)
- Michael Applebaum (president, borough relations, human capital, administrative services)
- Alan DeSousa (vice-president, in charge of sustainable development, the environment, parks and green spaces)
- Richard Deschamps (vice-president, in charge of economic development and infrastructure)
- Michel Bissonnet (transportation issues, government relations, Montreal's 375th anniversary)
- Claude Trudel (public security)
- Helen Fotopulos (culture, heritage, design, womens' issues)
- Mary Deros (youth, cultural communities)
- Gilles Deguire (housing)
- Manon Barbe (sports and leisure, international sporting events)
- Jocelyn Ann Campbell (social and community development, families, seniors)