Montreal

87-year-old woman dies in residential fire

An elderly woman is dead after a fire broke out inside a condo unit in Côte Saint-Luc.

Senior was already in cardiac arrest when firefighters arrived at her home in Côte Saint-Luc

Police say the fire that took the life of an 87-year-old woman was probably caused by an electrical problem. (Radio-Canada)

An elderly woman is dead after a fire broke out inside a condo unit in Côte Saint-Luc.

Firefighters arrived at the building on Norwalk Road at around 5 p.m. Thursday.

They found the woman lying on the floor unconscious.

First responders tried to revive her, but a doctor on the scene declared her dead.

The case was transferred over to arson investigators — which is standard protocol when there is a death in a fire — but a police spokesman says the fire seems to have been caused by an electrical problem.

Comments

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.

Become a CBC Member

Join the conversation  Create account

Already have an account?

now