Winnipeg home sales hit $3.2B in dollar value
Winnipeg home sales hit a record mark in 2012, reaching $3.2 billion in dollar volume.
According to the Winnipeg Realtors Association, it is only the second time ever that sales exceeded the $3-billion mark — first reached in 2011.
Although sales slipped by one per cent in 2012 compared to 2011 (13,007 versus 13,065), the dollar volume increased by five per cent ($3.20 billion versus $3.06 billion).
That's part of a trend that has seen the dollar volume increase 44 per cent during the past five years, the Winnipeg Realtors Association stated in a news release.
The 2012 dollar volume was aided by the city's highest-ever single sale price of $2.2 million.
Highlights from 2012:
- Most residential-detached sales were in the $250,000-$299,999 and $200,000-$249,999 price ranges.
- For the first time, there were more sales in the $500,000+ range than the lowest range of $0 to $99,999.
- 24 homes sold for $1 million or higher; two fetched $2 million or more.
- The average days on market for residential-detached homes was 28 days.
- The highest sale price was $2.2 million. The lowest was $8,000.
- The most active condominium price range was the $150,000 to $199,999.
- The average days on market for condominium sales in 2012 was 34 days.
- The highest condo sale price was $925,000 while the lowest was $20,000.