Manitoba

Transcona house fire blamed on faulty wiring

Faulty electrical wiring is being blamed for a house fire that broke out overnight in home in Winnipeg's Transcona neighbourhood.

A fire broke out in a Winnipeg home overnight, causing $15,000 damage

Faulty electrical wiring is being blamed for a house fire that broke out overnight in home in Winnipeg's Transcona neighbourhood.

Fire crews rushed to a home on Yale Avenue West just before 1 a.m. Tuesday morning for reports of a blaze.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire and contain it to one room.

Fire officials said no one was hurt in the fire but it caused $15,000 damage to the home.

now