Spray pads open across Winnipeg on Saturday
10 spray pads opening 2 days earlier than planned to beat the weekend heat
Winnipeggers can beat the heat this weekend at 10 city-run spray pads that are opening two days earlier than planned.
The City of Winnipeg says spray pads are opening at 10 a.m. Saturday at the following locations:
- Central Park
- St. Norbert Community Centre
- Lindenwoods Community Centre
- St. James Assiniboia Centennial Pool
- Provencher Park
- Transcona Centennial Pool
- River East (Peguis Trail Health & Fitness Centre)
- River Heights Community Centre
- Shaughnessy Park
- Westdale Community Centre
- Vimy Ridge Memorial Park
They will be open everyday this summer between 10 a.m. and 9 p.m.
The spray pad at Fort Rouge Park will open at a later date, as it is undergoing mechanical repairs, according to the city.
Officials say they had planned to open the spray pads on Monday, but they're starting two days earlier in anticipation of hot weather this weekend.
Daytime temperatures are expected to hit 26 C on Saturday and 25 C on Sunday, with a mix of sun and clouds expected on both days, according to CBC meteorologist John Sauder.