Rooftop blaze at Burger King in Transcona extinguished
Rooftop fire was quickly extinguished, said city spokesperson
Winnipeg firefighters battled a rooftop blaze at a Burger King restaurant in Transcona on Wednesday afternoon.
Crews were called to the Burger King location on Regent Avenue and Stapon Road at around 4:45 p.m.
The fire was in the exterior rooftop exhaust ducting from the kitchen broilers, a City of Winnipeg spokesperson said.
The fire was contained to the ducting and was quickly extinguished, the spokesperson said.