Pair charged in drug, weapons bust near Winnipeg
Gang attire among the items seized in St. Andrews bust
A man and a woman face numerous drug- and firearm-related offences after Winnipeg police seized cocaine, hashish, firearms and gang-related paraphernalia outside the city.
The seizure took place Friday afternoon at a home in St. Andrews, Man., after the pair was arrested during a traffic stop in the area, police announced on Sunday.
During the traffic stop, officers seized $4,520 in cash and three cellular phones. They then executed a search warrant at the home and seized:
- 175 grams of powder cocaine, with an estimated street value of $8,000.
- 29 grams of hash, with an estimated street value of $580.
- 122 grams of cutting agent.
- Various drug paraphernalia.
- A loaded eight-millimetre magazine.
- A ballistic vest.
- A .22-calibre bullet.
- "Various gang paraphernalia (attire)," according to a police release.
The 31-year-old man and 26-year-old woman have been detained at the Remand Centre in Winnipeg.
Police say they believe the seized drugs are connected to motorcycle gangs.