Manitoba

Grease fire sends 2 kids to hospital

Two children were sent to hospital after a grease fire started in the kitchen of their St. Anne's Road apartment yesterday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to a home in the 600 block of Dufferin Avenue on Saturday night. (Travis Golby/CBC)

Two children were sent to hospital after a grease fire started in the kitchen of their St. Anne's Road apartment Saturday afternoon.

It happened in a main floor suite of a four-storey complex in the 1100 block of St. Anne's just after 1 p.m. Saturday.

Fire officials say grease in a pan caught fire. It was extinguished by the time crews arrived.

A young boy and a young girl were taken to Children's Hospital with minor injuries.

Dufferin Avenue fire spreads 

Fire crews are still looking into what caused a fire that spread to two homes in the North End Saturday night.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 600 block of Dufferin Avenue just before 11 p.m. 

When they arrived, they found that a fire in one house had spread to the exterior of a neighbouring house. 

They quickly got the fire under under control.

No one was injured. 

Firefighters arrived to find a fire at one home had spread to the exterior of a neighbouring house. (Travis Golby/CBC)

now