Current MLA: None. New riding.
Riding profile: A new riding, created in 2008.
It was formed by fusing parts of the St. Norbert and Fort Garry (now known as Fort Garry-Riverview) ridings.
It includes the University of Manitoba.
The western boundary is defined by the CN line to Letellier, Newdale Avenue, and Pembina Highway.
The southern boundary is the Perimeter Highway. The eastern boundary is a combination of the Red River and Pembina Highway.
The northern boundar includes Crescent Drive and Chevrier Boulevard.
Voter turnout in St. Norbert
- 2007: 65.45 per cent
- 2003: 58.16 per cent
- 1999: 72.96 per cent
Voter turnout in Fort Garry
- 2007: 66.06 per cent
- 2003: 63.49 per cent
- 1999: 75.09 per cent
Kerri Irvin-Ross , NDP
- Current MLA for Fort Garry.
- Minister of housing and community development.
Average family income: $70,411
Unemployment: 6.5 per cent
- Minister responsible for co-operative development, Neighborhoods Alive! and community places.
- First elected 2003.
- Raised in small farming community in southern Saskatchewan and moved to Winnipeg more than 10 years ago.
- Prior to election, worked with the Winnipeg Child Guidance Clinic as a school social worker.
- Works with a variety of commmunity groups, including the Fort Garry Seniors Resource Council, the Fort Garry Historical Society, and the Fort Garry Community Network.
- Formerly worked with Winnipeg Child Guidance Clinic as a school social worker.
Shaun McCaffrey, PC Party
- Attended the University of Manitoba, where he earned all four of his post-secondary degrees and certificates.
- Has worked in the constituency for the past 18 years.
- Has been an educator for 20 years.
- Has coached and judged collegiate-level debating for the past 18 years.
- Active member of the Fort Garry Historical Society.
Dustin Hiles, Liberal
- Opera singer.
- Private voice teacher.
- Studied theology at the University of Manitoba.
- Has sat on the boards of Youth Quest LGBT Drop In Center (B.C.), the Mission Arts Council (Mission, B.C.), and the Opera Project (Winnipeg/Vancouver).
Caitlin McIntyre, Green Party
- Has a bachelor of arts (honours) in classics from the University of Winnipeg (2007).
- Launched an independent business operation, Wheely Green, an ecologically-friendly marketing company.
- Currently an administrator at a Winnipeg-based specialty insurance firm.
- Graduate student at the University of Manitoba, pursuing a masters degree in English.
- Served for five years as a community representative on the South District Advisory Committee.
Results from 2007 provincial election (St. Norbert)
Percentage of votes cast
Results from 2007 provincial election (Fort Garry)
Percentage of votes cast