Fire sends 6 people to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning

Six people were taken to hospital after a house fire in Winnipeg early Thursday.
A damaged dryer sits outside a home on Kingsway after a fire early Thursday. (Cliff Simpson/CBC)

Six people were taken to hospital after a house fire in Winnipeg early Thursday.

Crews were called to the 100-block of Kingsway, in River Heights, just after 12:30 a.m.

Two children, a youth and three adults were taken to hospital in stable condition with elevated carbon monoxide levels, according to fire officials.

The fire was contained to a second-storey clothes dryer.