Festival du Voyageur attendance numbers down from last year
Attendance this year was 91K, while in 2014 it was 100K
Festival du Voyageur confirms that attendance numbers are down this year, with 91,000 people taking in the winter festival compared to 100,000 last year.
Organizers say this was the second-coldest festival on record, with the average daily temperature of –22 C. The coldest was in 1979, when the average temperature was –24 C.
- Second coldest Festival du Voyageur sees attendance drop
- Frigid weather won't stop fun at Winnipeg's Festival du Voyageur
- Festival du Voyageur brings out Winnipeggers on Louis Riel Day
- From the CBC archives: Festival du Voyageur in the '70s
- PHOTOS | Festival du Voyageur snow sculptures at night
But Festival du Voyageur's executive director, Ginette Lavack Walters, said she could not be more proud of the latest edition and its celebrations.
“This festival was a great success. Despite the cold weather, visitors came out in large numbers to celebrate winter and francophone culture with us," Lavack Walters said.
(Source: Festival du Voyageur)