Family from Long Plain First Nation worried about missing son in Winnipeg

Family and friends of Colten Pratt continue to look for answers. He's been missing without a trace for more than three weeks now.

Colten Pratt missing for three weeks

Family and friends of Colten Pratt are spending sleepless nights worrying about the Winnipeg man who's been missing for more than three weeks. 2:03

Family and friends of Colten Pratt are spending sleepless nights worrying about the Winnipeg man who's been missing for more than three weeks.

"I believe it's, like with my family it's been very stressful at times.  But we're trying to remain positive," his mother Lydia Daniels said, adding her 26-year-old son has a big heart.  

"Colten was an outgoing person. If you were to meet a group of people and he was part of it, he would be the one that shines."

Pratt, originally from Long Plain First Nation, has been living in Winnipeg for the past six years. He volunteers at a number of places in the city and checks in with his mom daily through social media. On Nov.6 he sent his mom a photo on Facebook. It was of him and a woman at the Marlborough Inn.

"I told him, you be careful what you`re doing. Don`t be reckless. He said 'I`m young and reckless' and I said, I`m worried and he said, 'I know.' That was the last conversation I had with Colten."

Police have spoken with the woman in the photo and are satisfied she had nothing to do with his disappearance.

Daniels says her son is very close to his family and he would have used social media to let them know where he was. 

After filing a police report on Nov. 9,  Daniels started a Facebook page.  Close to 800 people have joined the group and provided the family with a few leads.

Daniels has kept her cellphone nearby waiting for him to call.  

``Everybody loves Colten and they are finding it really hard ... people are losing sleep they are wondering ... they're concerned ... very concerned."

Long Plain First Nation Chief Dennis Meeches said the disappearance of Pratt has shocked the entire community. 

The First Nation has offered a $5,000 reward to anyone who might have information.

"People are genuinely concerned about his well being from all our people, we hope we can find him and bring him home," said the chief.