Century-old building damaged in early morning fire
A fire Friday morning that briefly shut down part of westbound Portage Avenue and Notre Dame Avenue between Ellice Avenue and Portage caused $100,000 in damage to a 100-year-old building.
Police said the fire in the 200 block of Notre Dame Ave. started around 6:00 a.m.
Officials said it was an electrical fire in a cable between the third and fourth floor.
No one was hurt.
Streets in the area are open again.
The Electric Railway Chamber Building was built in 1913.