5 Manitoba students win national awards for character, leadership
One student from Winnipeg and four others from rural schools have been named Loran Scholars.
Loran Scholar Foundation spokesperson Julia Lo said it's the first time in the national charity's 25 year history that so many Manitoba students have been named out of the 30 recipients.
The five Manitobans and their schools are:
- Erin Knight, Gilbert Plains Collegiate, Gilbert Plains
- Hannah Lank, Kelvin High School, Winnipeg
- Annaliese Loeppky, Garden Valley Collegiate, Winkler
- Lauren Wiebe, Niverville Collegiate, Niverville
- Jayden Wlasichuk, Swan Valley Regional Secondary School, Swan River