Two Londoners charged after police seize a shotgun and ammunition in east-end raid
A 43-year-old man and a 40-year-woman face a series of charges
Two people were arrested after London police seized a shotgun, ammunition and drugs in the city's east end this week.
On Wednesday, members of the Guns and Drugs section executed a search warrant at a residence on Mornington Avenue.
The items seized included:
- a 12 guage sawed-off shotgun
- 29 grounds of ammunition
- six prohibited knives
- 20 grams of Fentanyl valued at $6,000
- two cell phones
- $5,225 in cash.
A 43-year-old man and a 40-year-old woman, both of London, have been charged jointly with:
- Possession for the purpose of tracking
- Two counts of possession of a Schedule 1 substance
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon
- Possession of a prohibited firearm without a licence
The male accused also faces five counts of possessing a firearm or ammunition contrary to a prohibition order.